Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 New Year's Resolutions



Hi everyone, and Happy New Year! I hope everyone has had a safe and happy start to 2013. I'm sure 90% of the population will be making their resolutions to be healthier, lose weight, eat less, smoke less, drink less, etc etc etc....

That is so....typical!

 
So let's all challenge ourselves to do something extra-ordinary, un-usual this year! Even if it's something small, or something large... just pick something and do it. Last year, I entered into a challenge to read a book from a genre outside my comfort zone. I picked a zombie book, and it was an awesome read!
 
This year, do something outside your comfort zone, you may just find a new interest!
 
Me...I'm challenging myself to read the Bible, yes, the entire Bible this year. As much about God as I read (not alot but still a significant amount), I've never read the Bible before, and that's on my reading bucket list. I'm also not comfortable with the Bible. I don't understand how people can read it and love it so much, and read, and re-read, and re-read it. Me and God...we're on opposite sides of the field, staring at each other distrustfully, wondering what the next move is.
 
 
So, what challenge will you meet this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment