Saturday, December 22, 2012

End of the year race


Alright, so we've all survived the "end of the world" that everyone was predicting with the end of the Mayan Long Calendar. I disagree in the popular translation of it, but let's move on.

Books! So I had a list of 6 books that I wanted to read and review this week. I've completed 2 of them, and within 100 pages of finishing the third. The question is.... do I move on to book #4, or try to fit in 2 other books that I want to get read before the end of the year? I feel like I'm running under an avalanche of books by the end of the year....

2 comments:

  1. I suppose those other 2 books you want to read are shorter... ? Do you think they're more interesting? If so go for it. If not, well.. I don't think I see a real dilemma here. Unless you want to reach a certain book count or something.. IMO it doesn't matter whether you read 1 good book or 2 good books by the end of the year. :)
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, with the two books that I want to read before the end of the year....if I can read and review one of them, then I get into a drawing for a Kindle (I'd love to get a Kindle!). The second book is one that I want o read because I feel like I should read it before I start on my 2013 project of reading the entire Bible (the first time I've ever done that).
    Book #4 (Within by Clare Marshall) needs to be read and reviewed by Jan 11th. So I have plenty of time there.

    ReplyDelete